Monday, February 25, 2008

Grieving

I write again deeply saddened by the loss of a friend. A friend from High School and one of my brothers close friends, Matty Johnson, went to be with his Lord and Savior early Monday morning. He was visiting friends and family in Ohio for the weekend. During his drive back home he was in a fatal car accident. Matty will be missed by all his friends, family, and anyone that knew him.

In these past couple of days I am reminded of how fleeting life is. We are all blessed by life. It is a gift that God gives us every day. We so often take it for granted. I hug my husband and baby all the more closely and remind them of my love as often as possible. No one knows what will happen from day to day…or even from moment to moment. I am thankful that both of these friends are with the Lord today and will enjoy living in paradise with him forever. I am also thankful that I will be with them someday. Ironically, there are stories of both of them sharing the blessings and encouragements of the Lord in their life just before they went to be with Him. Even though there is so much I do not understand today, I know and trust that God is faithful. He has a purpose for all He does and His will is far better than any plans I would make.

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 & 23-24
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

May God's grace, peace, strength, and comfort be with all those that are grieving.

No comments: